With the Easter long weekend coming up there may be road trips, visits to grandparents, hours to occupy at home and more on the agenda – whatever the plan is Hasbro has a few tips on how to keep the kids (and the adults) entertained by planning ahead
A key tip is stock up on the Board Games, which provide great entertainment for the whole family. The portable Grab & Go selection from Hasbro Gaming is ideal for convenient, on-the-go fun and includes classics such as Monopoly, Clue, Battleship, Connect 4, Hungry Hippo and Guess Who?
Think limited packing space, long hours in the car, queues at airports, impatient children and holiday traffic.
To ensure a happy ‘crew’- Hasbro, one of the world’s largest toy, game and entertainment experience companies, has a few tips to offer weary would-be travellers:
- Pack light on non-essential items. Whatever the occasion, once you leave the house there’s no reason to weigh yourself down with heavy bags. Keep a ziplock bag filled with wipes and a basic change of clothes handy for any accidental spills along the way and consider travel sized toiletries to save space.
- Snack Time – stock up on a variety of healthier, on the go snacks like fresh vegetable sticks, dried fruit, mixed nuts, homemade popcorn and biltong to keep energy levels high (without all the processed sugar). Don’t forget the importance of hydration so keep bottles of water handy at all times. A packed easy-to-get-to lunch can also help keep the costs down and provide a nice picnic break along the journey. Consider simple finger foods such as chicken drumsticks, vegetable skewers and pre-cut sandwiches/ rolls.
- Board games provide great entertainment for the whole family. The portable Grab & Go selection from Hasbro Gaming is ideal for convenient, on-the-go fun and includes classics such as Monopoly, Clue, Battleship, Connect 4 and Guess Who? and the latest addition to the range Hungry Hippo.
- Theme your trip with the game chosen to add excitement for the destination ahead. If you are heading to the bush give Hungry Hippo a go or if you are seaside bound Battleship it is.
- The easy to store, affordable Grab & Go selection allows you to keep a range of games on-hand with options suited to the whole family. If you’re hunkering down at home for the long weekend, this provides a great opportunity to enjoy some fun family time with activities everyone can participate in.
- Car Karaoke is a great way to keep the troops engaged, and immerse them in the music you love. Create a playlist before leaving home with options the whole family will enjoy and encourage all to join in a sing-a-long during the trip.
- Countdowns help pass the time and a countdown to your destination is a fun way to keep everyone involved. Use visual aids that the kids can decorate in order to mark off time, keep them occupied and get them excited for the destination.
Get to Know the Grab & Go range:
- Battleship Grab & Go is the classic game of naval combat that brings together competition, strategy, and excitement. In head-to-head battle, players search for the enemy’s fleet of ships and destroy them one by one. No ship is safe in this game of stealth and suspense.
- In Connect 4 Grab & Go challenge a friend to rule the grid and be the first player to get four of your colour counters in a row. The game where strategy drives the competition – line ‘em up and go for the win.
- There’s a mystery that needs solving, and you’re just the detective to do it on the go with this Grab & Go version of the classic Clue Who killed the host of the fancy party? Where were they, and what weapon did they use? When the case is solved, you can store all the cards and parts in the all-in-one game unit – until the next mystery.
- Get ready for classic Monopoly play in a portable way. This mobile Monopoly Grab & Go game lets you trade your way to success while you roll with whatever comes your way from the Chance and Community Chest cards. It’s the perfect, compact way to have Monopoly fun anytime, anywhere!
- Chomp, chomp – you’ve got some hungry hippos on your hands. This Grab & Go version of the classic Hungry Hippos game has two chomping hippos and a whole bunch of marbles for munching. With a plastic cover to keep the marbles from rolling out, this compact game lets you have hippo-feeding fun anytime, anywhere.
- Who’s the champion guesser? Maybe it’s you in this Guess Who? Grab & Go Every time you ask your opponent a yes or no question, the answer gets you closer to who’s on their Mystery Card. But you better watch out, because they’ll be asking you questions too.
The Grab & Go range from Hasbro Gaming is available from Toys R Us, ToyZone, Toy Kingdom, Hamleys, Lilliputs, Takealot.com and other major retailers.